The Ecological Farmers Association of Ontario (EFAO) is seeking an outgoing, collaborative and detail-oriented events organizer with a passion for ecological agriculture to join the staff team as Northern Events Coordinator.
EFAO is an educational and membership organization that supports farmers, growers and land stewards to build resilient ecological farms and grow a strong knowledge sharing community through farmer-led education, research and community building.
The Northern Events Coordinator will coordinate knowledge-sharing events in northern Ontario, both in-person and online, including workshops, farm tours, regional gatherings, and networking meetings.
Reporting to EFAO’s Northern Outreach, New Farmer Programs and Operations Director and working closely with EFAO’s Indigenous Outreach and Engagement Coordinator and EFAO’s communications team, the Northern Events Coordinator will coordinate knowledge-sharing events in northern Ontario, both in-person and online, including workshops, farm tours, regional gatherings, and networking meetings.
Position: Northern Events Coordinator
Location: Remote from home office, based in Northern Ontario.
Hours of Work: 21 hours/week
Start date: March 25th, 2024
Duration: 1 year with possibility of extension
Salary: $30,000 – $33,000 ($50,000 – $55,000/year full-time equivalent), depending on qualifications and experience
Application deadline: February 18th, 2024 11:59PM EST
- Organize and coordinate educational and networking events (both in-person and online), including farm tours, workshops and regional gatherings. This will include gathering input on needs and interests, engaging appropriate speakers/hosts, coordinating event details, attending and facilitating events, and post-event evaluation and reporting.
- In collaboration with EFAO’s Communications & Engagement Director, develop and implement a communication and outreach strategy for educational activities, using print, online, and in-person methods (when appropriate).
- For online events, and when appropriate, work with other team members to edit and share event recordings and materials.
- Support grant management including tracking deliverables, managing event and project budgets and preparing reports.
- Provide support for EFAO’s one-on-one mentorship program for Indigenous growers. This will include helping to promote the program in northern Ontario, assisting with engaging mentors, conducting check-ins with participants, and assisting with evaluation.
- Support EFAO’s commitment to anti-racism and equity through participation in relevant professional development opportunities.
- Attend occasional outreach/networking events to promote EFAO events, programs and membership.
Skills & Qualifications:
To help us learn more about you, please provide a cover letter and resume describing how you meet the following qualifications. This list indicates the experience and qualifications needed to succeed in this role. We understand candidates may not have all the qualifications listed. If you possess approximately 80 percent of these experiences and qualifications, we encourage you to apply.
- Based in northern Ontario
- Post-secondary education in a relevant field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 2 years of related experience
- Ability to comfortably manage and facilitate meetings and learning events in person and online
- Strong facilitation and written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to build relationships and work collaboratively
- Working knowledge, experience and appreciation of ecological agriculture, farmers and local food systems in Ontario.
- Alignment with EFAO’s anti-racism and equity goals, or related lived or work experience
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a dynamic staff team
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite, Google documents and virtual meeting platforms (i.e. Zoom)
- General technical proficiency with online and offline software platforms and ability to learn and use new software quickly
- Some offsite, evening and weekend work, and travel required
- A family-friendly work culture
- Flexible work schedule
- Contributions to a Health Savings Account
- Access to 8 Wellness Days throughout the year
- 3 weeks paid vacation. The EFAO office is also closed with paid time off between Christmas and New Years
Commitment to Equity:
Integral to our work is a commitment to advancing the values of equity, diversity and belonging within the organization and through the work that we support in ecological agriculture. We encourage applications from members of groups experiencing barriers to equity, such as First Nations, Metis and Inuit peoples, racialized persons, persons with disabilities, and those who identify as women and/or 2SLGBTQ+. If you require accommodation when navigating the application process, please contact Allison Muckle, EFAO’s Northern Outreach, New Farmer Programs and Operations Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please send a cover letter and resume (in one PDF document) to Allison Muckle at email@example.com by February 18th, 2024, 11:59PM EST. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Candidates who are interviewed will be offered $75 in compensation for the time and effort required to participate in the interview process.
Thank you for your interest in this position!