Thank you to all who applied! This posting is now closed.
The Ecological Farmers Association of Ontario (EFAO) is seeking an experienced, dynamic, and enthusiastic individual who is passionate about ecological agriculture to support EFAO’s communications work and help deliver high quality educational events to EFAO members and the broader farming community. Reporting to EFAO’s Communications & Engagement Director, this individual will be responsible for some of the most crucial logistics of EFAO events and communications: the creation of event listings and promotional materials to build awareness and encourage attendance. As such, it is important that this individual be detail-oriented, a proficient writer and editor, and have strong graphic design skills. Additionally, the person in this role will play a supportive role in the logistics and coordination of EFAO events and the 10th Annual EFAO Conference.
EFAO is a collaborative and team-oriented work environment that is committed to advancing the values of equity, diversity and belonging within the organization and through the work that we support in ecological agriculture.
Position: Communications & Events Coordinator
Location: Remote with some travel required
Hours of Work: 35 hrs/wk (option of 28/hrs per week if desired)
Start Date: July 10th, 2023
Duration: 1 year with possibility of extension
Compensation: $45,000 – $50,000 FTE
Please note that this position is contingent on EFAO receiving external funding.
- Support the planning and creation of promotional communications for events, including posting the event listing, creating social media graphics, and writing copy.
- Develop visual and written social media content to promote EFAO events, resources, services, and general outreach.
- Create promotional emails in MailChimp and Neon.
- Work with EFAO partners to amplify event promotions.
- Support the planning, promotion and logistical coordination of online and in-person educational events and field days throughout the year.
- Work with event speakers, educators, and field day hosts to coordinate logistics of a variety of events.
- Support the logistics and planning of the 10th Annual EFAO Conference in London, ON.
- Support EFAO’s commitment to anti-racism and equity through participation in relevant professional development opportunities.
- Support the development of a member resources webpage.
Skills & Qualifications
- Technical proficiency and ability to learn new software platforms quickly
- Experience with various social media platforms (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter) and graphic design tools (Canva, Illustrator)
- Strong design skills and ability to create visually appealing communications products
- Strong attention to detail, organization and time management skills
- Strong capacity to work collaboratively and excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with event planning and logistics
- Alignment with EFAO’s anti-racism and equity goals, and/or related lived or work experience
- Knowledge and awareness of current issues and trends in ecological agriculture
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a dynamic and staff team
The Ecological Farmers Association of Ontario (EFAO) supports farmers to build resilient ecological farms and grow a strong knowledge-sharing community.
Established in 1979 by farmers for farmers, EFAO is a membership organization that focuses on farmer-led education, research and community building. EFAO brings farmers together so they can learn from each other and improve the health of their soils, crops, livestock and the environment, to steward resilient ecological farms.
- A family-friendly work culture
- Flexible work schedule
- Contributions to a Health Savings Account
- Access to 12 wellness days throughout the year
- 3 weeks vacation. The EFAO office is also closed with paid time off between Christmas and New Years
Commitment to Equity
EFAO is committed to upholding the values of equity, diversity, and belonging. In pursuit of these values, EFAO actively encourages applications from members of groups experiencing barriers to equity, such as BIPOC and LGBTQ2S+. If you require accommodation when navigating the application process, please contact EFAO’s Communications & Engagement Director, Laura Northey (firstname.lastname@example.org).
To help us learn more about you, please provide a cover letter and resume describing how you meet the above qualifications. We understand candidates may not have all the qualifications listed. If you possess approximately 80 percent of these experiences and qualifications, we encourage you to apply.
Candidates who are selected for an interview will receive a $75 honorarium in acknowledgement of the time and effort required to participate in the interview process.
Please apply by sending a cover letter and resume or CV (in one PDF document) to Laura Northey at email@example.com.
Thank you for your interest in this position!