Farmers Network for Black, Indigenous and People of Colour
In an effort to support farmers in Ontario who face ongoing systemic marginalization due to racism, the Network for Black, Indigenous, and farmers of colour was established in December 2020. Our goal is to connect growers, ranchers, and traditional land stewards, nurture solidarity, and collectively share resources and knowledge, in a warm, welcoming and supportive community. Access to the group is open to farmers and aspiring farmers in Ontario who are Black, Indigenous, or people of colour.
- This group is made up of community members (farmers, aspiring farmers, those engaged in food/farming-related work) from across Ontario who are Black, Indigenous, or people of colour.
- Facilitated by Angel Beyde, EFAO’s Equity and Eastern Outreach Director.
- As of September 2023, there are over 150 members in this group!
- Please feel free to use this google group platform to connect and communicate with this community! Say hello, share news and updates, post questions to the thread, and reach out for support.
- EFAO news and communications for Black, Indigenous, and farmers of colour will also be shared here.
- Farmers Network meet-ups occur throughout the year. Meet-ups are announced via this google group thread and other EFAO communication channels. You can register on the EFAO events page.
- Meet-ups are held online via Zoom, at in-person field days across Ontario, and at EFAO’s annual conference.
- To connect, build, and grow community for farmers and land stewards who are Black, Indigenous, and people of colour;
- To support one another in our work and projects;
- To connect Black, Indigenous, and people of colour with EFAO and its work that focuses on farmer-to-farmer training and supports;
- To increase representation and agency of Black, Indigenous, and farmers of colour within EFAO’s membership.
- Click on the JOIN button below, and from the Network Google Group page, click on Ask to Join Group.
- Once you’ve been approved to join, please provide a short introduction about yourself and why you want to join the group!
- If you are receiving too many emails, you can change your group membership settings so that you receive a daily digest of emails. See this page for instructions.