BIPOC Farmer Network
In an effort to support Black, Indigenous, and other farmers of colour in Ontario who face ongoing systemic marginalization, the BIPOC Farmer Network was established in December 2020. Our goal is to connect BIPOC growers, ranchers, and traditional land stewards, in an effort to nurture solidarity and collectively share resources and knowledge, in a warm, welcoming and supportive community. Access to the group is open to BIPOC farmers and aspiring farmers in Ontario.
- This group is made up of BIPOC-only community members (farmers, aspiring farmers, those engaged in food/farming-related work) from across Ontario.
- Facilitated by Angel Beyde, EFAO’s Equity and Organizational Change Manager.
- As of July 2021, there are 66 members in this group! 😀
- Please feel free to use this google group platform to connect and communicate with the BIPOC community! Say hello, share news and updates, post questions to the thread, reach out for support.
- EFAO news and communications for BIPOCs only will also be shared here.
- BIPOC-only network meet-ups occur throughout the year. There is no regular schedule yet, but meet-ups are announced via this google group thread and other EFAO communication channels. You can register on the EFAO events page.
- Currently (Sept 2021), meet-ups are online only via zoom. In future we hope be able to host some in-person gatherings.
- To connect, build, and grow the BIPOC food and farming community; to support one another in our work and projects; to connect the BIPOC community with EFAO and its work that focuses on farmer-to-farmer training and supports; to increase BIPOC representation and agency within EFAO’s membership.
- Click on the JOIN button below, and from the EFAO BIPOC Farmers Google Group page, click on Ask to Join Group.
- Once you’ve been approved to join, please provide a short introduction about yourself and why you want to join the group!
- Feel free to post a general hello message to the thread, introducing yourself to the group, if you feel comfortable doing so.
- If you are receiving too many emails, you can change your group membership settings so that you receive a daily digest of emails. See this page for instructions.