COVID-19 Protocols for EFAO Field Days
We recognize that EFAO members live in different communities, have different risk levels for severe COVID-19 impacts, and have different views and perspectives. We are working to create a space where all members and staff feel safe participating in our events, and we have utilized guidance from the Public Health Agency of Canada and local public health authorities in outlining these protocols.
When attending EFAO in-person events, please consider other people’s risk and comfort levels in your interactions. If you feel uncomfortable during an EFAO event, please speak to a staff member regarding your concerns.
- Please self-screen for COVID-19 symptoms and exposure before participating in any EFAO in-person event. If you screen positive, please do not attend an in-person event, and contact email@example.com for a full refund or a credit toward future events. If you don’t feel well – please stay home!
- All in-person events will have a maximum number of participants and all attendees are required to pre-register for in-person events; no walk-ons.
- Please respect a 2m distance around other attendees.
- Masking is optional outdoors (please refer to this chart to assist you).
- Masking is mandatory anytime there is an indoor portion of a tour – e.g., entering a barn, using an indoor washroom. Please bring a mask with you to the event site. EFAO staff will have extra masks on hand.
- There may not be running water; please come prepared as needed for hand washing.
- We encourage you to consider your vaccination status and personal risk level when deciding whether to participate in in-person events and what precautions to choose. Please refer to this chart for guidance.