“Taking pictures is savoring life intensely, every hundredth of a second.” – Marc Riboud
To help celebrate our 40th anniversary, EFAO invites all members to participate in a photo contest! Showcase everything you love about food and farming by taking – and sharing – your favourite farm photos. Your photos could be featured in EFAO’s newsletter, website and other promotions. Send us your best shots for a chance to be featured in a future issue of our new Ecological Farming of Ontario newsletter and win some prizes!
- The faces of farming
- A day in the life: farmers at work
- Animals and livestock
- The Harvest: vegetables & fruit, field crops, grain, value added products
- Tools of the trade
The deadline to submit is 11:59 pm (EST) on September 1, 2019. The winners will be announced and photos featured in the January 2020 newsletter.
- There is no cost to enter.
- All members of EFAO over the age of 18 are eligible to participate (excluding staff).
- All photos must be taken in Ontario.
- Entrants may submit up to three (3) photos in each category, up to a total of 12 photos
- Photos should be high-resolution (minimum 300 dpi) preferably in .jpg format. File size must be a mininum of 1 MB, maximum 10 MB.
- Photos must be original work, and have not been previously published online or in print, except for personal farm/business promotion.
- Photos must not depict nudity or violence.
- Entrants and winners will allow EFAO non-exclusive use of their photos for the EFAO website, magazine, social media and/or other promotional purposes without renumeration. Photo credit will be given.
- By submitting a photo, entrants agree they hold the copyright to each photo or have been authorized by the copyright holder(s) to do so. EFAO assumes no responsibility or legal liability for breach of copyright.
- Overly manipulated photos are not allowed.
All submissions will be juried by an in-house team of staff judges. Judging will be opened to the EFAO community on social media (Facebook and Instagram). EFAO’s photo contest is not sponsored by, or affiliated with, Facebook and Instagram in any way.
There will be one (1) winner in each category, one (1) people’s favourite, and one (1) grand prize winner.
The grand prize winning photo will be published on the cover of our newly redesigned Ecological Farming in Ontario newsletter, to be launched January 2020, and the winning photographer will receive a $100 credit towards the EFAO event(s) of their choice.
Category winners will be featured in the winter edition of the newsletter with photo credit, and will receive brand new EFAO swag.