Kitchen Table Meetings (KTMs)
- Run seasonally (usually January to April)
- Informal information-sharing events, open to members and non-members
- Conversational-style information sharing focused on a specific topic
- Often includes some sort of food sharing component
- Find a list of past KTMs here
- Similar structure and format to Kitchen Table Meetings but held during the growing season (usually May to November)
- Also, generally involves a tour of the farm and may or may not involve a food-sharing component
- Run April to October
- Hosted by expert farmers on a specific topic
- Typically involved a general farm tour as well as an in-depth look at one aspect of host farm (i.e. cover crops, tools for the market garden, etc.)
Workshops and On-Farm Workshops
- Held on-farm April to October, and off-farm November to March
- Often classroom-style format with hand-out and powerpoint presentation
- Expert speaker or speaker panel (either from local area or further afield) on a specific topic
Ecological Farmers of Ontario Conference
- For more information about the annual Conference, visit conference.efao.ca
EFAO Staff also help to organize other educational and community-building opportunities. To see what’s coming up, check out EFAO Upcoming Events. Feel free to be in touch with email@example.com with ideas or questions.
Event Cancellation Policy
EFAO makes every effort to run all of the courses & workshops that we plan, however we require a minimum number of participants to offer a course. In the event of low registration we may be in the position where we have cancel an event.
In the event of a cancellation registered participants will be given a full refund for their course or workshop registration fees. Sorry, EFAO will not compensate participants for prearranged travel expense associated with the course or workshop.
In the event that a participant cancels; if 72 hours notice is given EFAO will issue a refund minus a 20% administration fee. If less than 72 hours is given, we cannot issue any refunds.
Family Registration Policy
Children are welcome to attend any events under adult supervision. Please check-in with Kitchen Table Meeting and Field Day hosts ahead of time.
Double Registration Policy
Double registrations receive a discount of 15% on the total price of two registrations. This option is available for farm tours and workshops.
Pay What You Can Policy
In the spirit of making our programs as accessible as possible the EFAO is offering two pay what you can registrations on each Farm Tour, Kitchen Table Meeting, Field Day and Workshop. These registrations will be accepted on a first come first serve basis, one event per person per month, and can only be reserved one month in advance of the actual event day. To register a pay what you can spot please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.