EFAO Fundraising Coordinator Position
Position: 30 hours/week, offered through the Ontario Job Creation Partnerships (OJCP) program (see eligibility criteria below)
Duration: 26-40 weeks, starting early February 2018
Compensation: $423/week through OJCP program
Location: Guelph, Ontario
The Ecological Farmers Association of Ontario (EFAO) is looking for a motivated and organized individual to research, design, carry out and evaluate a fundraising strategy for EFAO. The position will also provide opportunities to connect with Ontario’s ecological agriculture community and take part in a dynamic grass-roots organization dedicated to supporting farmers!
About the EFAO:
The Ecological Farmers of Ontario (EFAO) is a farmer-led charitable organization that has been supporting ecological farmers in Ontario since 1979. We strive to provide practical farmer-to-farmer training in ecological farming and to build community and support for our member farmers. Our main activities include workshops, farm tours, kitchen table meetings, an advisory service, farmer-led research, an annual conference and a bi-monthly newsletter. To learn more about EFAO please visit efao.ca.
This position is being offered through the Ontario Job Creation Partnerships (OJCP) program. After being selected by EFAO, candidates will also be interviewed by a program representative. Eligibility criteria include the following:
- Unemployed and legally entitled to work in Canada (if working part-time, must be less than 20 hours per week);
- Eligible for Employment Insurance Benefits, or have collected EI Benefits in the past 36 months, or finished a maternity or parental claim within the last 60 months are now looking to return to the work force;
- Have completed a Needs Assessment interview with a designated Service Provider, and developed a Return To Work Action Plan (RTWAP) indicating that a JCP position is a suitable intervention to meet the Plan’s goal.
- Research potential fundraising opportunities
- Develop both a short-term and long-term Fundraising Strategy
- Coordinate and attend fundraising events, gather feedback and prepare reports on event success
- Develop communications materials
- Attend public events, conferences and tradeshows to promote donor fundraising program
- Explore fundraising opportunities through EFAO merchandise (i.e. baseball hats, t-shirts, etc)
- Other project-related activities as needed.
Skills & Assets Required:
- Experience with fundraising and marketing/communications
- Experience preparing budgets and making budget reports
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience with social media platforms
- Timely and attentive to details
- Relationship-building skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Self motivated, creative problem solver with the ability to prioritize and see tasks through
- Experience working or volunteering with non-profit organizations
- Familiarity with the broader ecological farm community in Ontario
- Access to a car and valid driver’s license
- Ability to occasionally work on weekends
To apply please email the following in a single PDF document to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- A cover letter describing why you would be a good fit for this position
- A resume outlining relevant experience
- 3 references
Deadline: Please apply on or before January 26th, 2018
Please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.